Australia

My 7 weeks daughter have very bad colic one of my friend told me about infant belly binder.i have never heard about this before. is it good for bubs?

Waste of time/money: People have assumed that colic was related to the intestines (colon) as far back as the 1700's with an original text of pediatric medicine. It has little if anything to do with digestion . If you want to try this, fine, but make sure you have had the kids doc rule out treatable issues like gerd, uti's, etc.
Dr. Natalie Hodge
College Fund: Save the money for your college fund! There is no evidence to suggest that these things work to improve colicky behavior. Anecdotally, I have found success holding colicky babies with their tummies down and palm across the belly, putting gentle pressure on it, at a 45 degree angle. Rocking helps. Unfortunately, there is no substitute for the human touch to help colicky babies get through this.

Last updated Nov 7, 2014