Curious as to why are my dental implants not holding down my bottom teeth?

6 doctors weighed in across 6 answers
Dr. Fernando Juliao answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Many reasons!: You may need to have special attachments (fasteners) replaced in the denture. Possible position of implants is a problem..Consult with your dentist, to be sure!

Answered 2/10/2014

4.5k views

Dr. Andrew Killgore answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Worn out retention: The housing inside the denture may need to be replaced. This is an easy and inexpensive fix and should give the denure more hold. Always see your dentist 2 per year to make sure the implants stay clean.

Answered 2/15/2014

4.5k views

Dr. Charles Lamberta answered

Specializes in

Lower denture: I presume you have a full lower denture placed over several implants. If they snap on the implants and have started to become loose over time your dentist can replace the female attachments which are usually housed in the denture. These are usually rubber or silicone rings which can wear over time.

Answered 11/14/2014

3.5k views

Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Denture?: If you have an Overdenture with attachments on the implants, there are a few things to check. 1. Are the attachments clean from ALL debris -- both in the denture and in the mouth, 2. are the attachments in the denture deformed or crushed, 3. are the attachments old and worn out. See your dentist to evaluate. Good luck.

Answered 12/28/2014

3.4k views

Dr. Peter Susanin answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Periodontics

Connecting Component: The connecting components may have to be modified or changed to help improve the degree of retention

Answered 2/20/2015

3.2k views

Dr. Tony Kim answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Is there pain?: There are great answers to the question below. I'd just like to add that if there is any pain recently than it's possible that one or several implants are failing. Look for swollen gums around the implant areas and to see if there is any movement if you touch some of the implants. Definitely see the dentist who placed/restored the implants if you can, if not then find an implant dentist.

Answered 2/28/2015

3.2k views