U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Rhine, GA
A 40-year-old female asked:

I have a hard protruding callus on my foot that makes it very painful to walk. besides going to a foot doc what can i do?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
You need to make : Sure it is a callous and not something else. If its a callous and you are not diabetic you can attempt to remove it yourself or file it. A podiatrist would be able to do that painlessly for you though....
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 13, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.