India

5 months pregnant. on amniotic fluid sample test, "fetal karyotype was found to be 47, ##, +21 indicating down syndrome.". should i go for abortion?

Dr. Holly Maes
Personal decision: Yes, your child has down's syndrome. I have no idea how those children are treated in india. However, they are the most loving, kind people i care for. They have the capacity for love and joy unlike any of my other patients. Will the child require extra care and have different needs - absolutely. Only you can decide if you have the capacity to provide this and continue the pregnancy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 6, 2017