does unilateral chronictonsilitis go away w/ antibiotic & the tonsil becomes normal size or will it always be inflamed-the 1 big tonsil i have.. 3 days into amoxil (amoxicillin) is about 10%smaller but that's it, ca?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Yash Khanna
Finish the course: We can not say for sure without knowing how long you have had chronic tonsillitis and the tonsilar swelling you are being treated with antibiotics for an acute episode of tonsillitis and seem to be getting better as swelling is gone down i suggest you finish the course of Amoxicillin and follow up with your doctor or an ENT specialist.
Answered on Jun 24, 2014
Dr. Brad Douglas
23 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Tonsilectomy: You might need a tonsilectomy is this is chronic.
Answered on Feb 8, 2014