U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old female asked:

Had an incomplete colonoscopy due to a redundant colon. going for a barium enema now . if polyps are discovered in that area how can they be removed?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 41 years experience
Options include:: ...A retry at colonoscopy under deeper sedation with altered technique and/or by a different physician. Surgery is another choice, appropriate to size, location, extent of polyps..
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 22, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.