Akron, OH

I have 1 tonsil that is swollen for a year or so that i know -the other normal -2 different ent's have seenit but doesn't feel they need to do more tests, cbc normal, i have lupus. dont smoke, cancer?

Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
It is probably norma: For you. If it does nit grow, just watch it.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Follow up: Enlargement of only one tonsil is unusual in infections and since the tonsil has been enlarged for almost a year it doesn't appear to be an active infection. It was important and reassuring that you had it checked by an ENT specialist who felt it was a benign finding. I also recommend having it followed by that ENT to make sure that it doesn't increase in size or undergo any changes.

Last updated Nov 27, 2016