A member asked:

A perineal rash, starting from right below the vaginal/labia area to above anus, started after my last period. it's itchy, feels good when i itch, but i bleed, skin peels. i applied silver gel. help?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Carlo Valencia answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Intertrigo: Sounds like intertrigo which is essentially yeast infection involving the intertriginous area such as the perineum/groin. Have it checked by your physician to be certain. It is easily treated by anti-fungal cream/ointment/powder.

Answered 10/4/2016


Dr. Keith Ramsey answered

Specializes in Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

Maybe yeast: Try using lotrimin (clotrimazole) af or Monistat derm on it 3 times a day. If it is not feeling better in 3 days and done in 2 weeks, then see the doctor for the correct treatment.

Answered 8/25/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question