Fort Washington, MD

Took a home pregnancy test 20 days after possible conception it came back negative yet my period is a few days late which is normal for me but what are the chances of the test being a false negative?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Home pregnancy tests are very accurate.: They are the same tests used in a doctors office. They can detect a pregnancy 7-10 days after conception. The best time to take one is when you miss your period.  if you doubt the result you can repeat it in 1-2 days. If you were pregnant the hormone level would rise enough for detection.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 7, 2016