U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 68-year-old male asked about a 61-year-old female:

Can you recomend treatment for tendenitis?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Depends where it is: Many tendinitis problems go away on their own over time but unfortunately some do not rest ice alternating with heat can help/ i like to recommend warping the affected extremity with plastic food wrap at bed time to keep in the body heat (this does not work for hips or shoulders) / pt ultrasound massage lasers acupuncture all have their advocates / platlet rich plasma may help some.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
RICE= rest, ice, co-: Mpression ; elevation, is a helpful way to remember. Plus pain meds like Ibuprofen or aleve (naproxen). You can use a splint to rest the affected part, a crepe bandage for compression will help + sling for an upper limb problem or elevate on a couple of pillows/cushions. Good luck. If not improving see a gp to get correct dx.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.