U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

Endometiosis cause pelvic pain, pain with hard stools, change in stools, constant period-like cramps?

1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Zisow
Obstetrics and Gynecology 48 years experience
Yes: Endometriosis involving the recto-vaginal area certainly can cause those symptoms. A careful examination by your gyn should be able to determine if this problem is present. Fortunately minimally invasive surgery can cure the problem in most cases. Make sure your gyn is an expert in laparoscopic procedures of this type so you can avoid a large abdominal incision.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 11, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.