during a preventation total/simple mastectomy, do i need some sort of documentation to prove cancer in my family?

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Medical Oncology 35 years experience
Not sure I..: ...Understand your question. If you are having a risk reduction mastectomy, i would assume you have a mutation in brca or other high risk gene, a very strong family history, or some other risk factor that elevates your risk to a point where surgery is justifiable. I would assume this decision was approved by the surgeon after a thorough risk assessment and that should be documentation enough. Of..
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Medical Oncology 35 years experience
Provided original answer
..course, I'm assuming you have provided truthful and accurate data to your doctor to allow him/her to reach a valid risk assessment. Otherwise, tsk tsk.
Jan 24, 2014