U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

I've got a slight lazy eye. are there glasses i can get to correct it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology 39 years experience
Depends on age: And underlying cause of the "lazy eye" if by "lazy eye" you mean an eye that is not straight, some types can be compensated with glasses at a young age. If "lazy eye" means an eye that never developed normally and has poor vision (amblyopia), then -- no-- no spectacle will fix it.

Similar questions

A 44-year-old member asked:

What to do if I have a lazy eye. Is there like some glasses i can get to correct it?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Probably not: Lazy eye is a non-specific term. It can mean amblyopia, ptosis or strabismis. None of these conditions can be corrected with glasses in adults.
Last updated Feb 2, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.