U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

How can i heal soft tissue knee injury?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kent
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine 13 years experience
Depends, do you: Mean like you banged it and have some skin abrasions and bruising but with no interior derangement? If this is what you mean, then consider, rest, gentle range of motion, nsaids if appropriate for your health. If it does not get better in a few days, consider seeing a physician.

Similar questions

A 44-year-old member asked:

What to do at home if a knee injury and how to heal?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care 43 years experience
Injury: Knee injuries can be complex and very debilitating. Treatment depends on what has been injured (collateral ligaments, patellar tendon, acl/mcl) and what is necessary for repair and recovery. A visit to an orthopedic surgeon is best way to determine the extent of the injury and if further treatment is required. Usually, therapy is required after orthopedic repair.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
How long does it take to heal from a knee injury?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old member asked:
What should I do to heal my knee injury as quick as possible?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Soft tissue injury to the knee usually takes how long to recover?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 28-year-old male asked:
Does growth continue normaly after growth plates injury in knee heals?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
How long will it take to heal a really childs knee injury? Is glue good?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.