elbow pain after my side popped, should i be concerned?

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Hand Surgery 36 years experience
Probably not: Hard to connect the dots on this one. Maybe just a coincidence.

What do you recommend for elbow pain?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Antiinflammatories: Depends on the cause, but typically meds to bring swelling and pain down are the treatments of choice.

My elbow hurts to the point where I cannot bend anymone. Know any way to stop the pain?

Dr. David Hildreth
Hand Surgery 44 years experience
Nsaids/tylenol: Over the counter analgesics my help but is sounds like your past this there are a number of causes of you elbow pain from lat./med. Epicondylosis to arthritis of you elbow sounds like you need to see you local hand surgeon for an evaluation which should include x-rays.

Advice for my elbow pain when I lean on it?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Most likely you: Bursitis (olecranon bursitis) use elbow pad which have foam rubber in it it will cushion the elbow.

How to stop elbow pain?

Dr. Craig Cohen
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Stop playing tennis: Elbow pain would usually be caused by repetitive movements of the joint, causing tendonitis (inflammation of the tendon), hence the name, "tennis elbow." so reducing activities that exacerbate or cause pain should eliminate the problem. There are other causes of elbow pain that should be ruled out, if you cannot localize or discover a cause on examination. See your doctor to make sure!

What should I do about elbow pain due to a deployed side air bag?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Need exam to assess: You likly only sustained soft tissue trauma or a bruise from the force dissipated onto your elbow when the air bag deployed. A thorough examination, possible x-rays, and even an MRI may be used to figure out exactly what was injured.

Last updated Jul 28, 2016