Canada

I have a stye on my upper eyelid. it ruptured 3 days ago. the eyelid swelling is gone, but the stye itself is still quite big. what should i do?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Stye: The use of a warm compress or washcloth to the affected area for 10-15 minutes, four to six times a day, can be an effective and allow rupture and resolution of the stye, and will aid in relief of symptoms. You should not press or squeeze this to promote drainage. This can spread or worsen the infection. If the stye persists despite this see an ophthalmologist and they can lance this.

Last updated Jan 17, 2014