ent specialist said i have "ear webs" & scheduled surgery. he said tissue growth occurred from an untreated infection. is there another term for this?

Dr. Thomas Benda, jr
34 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Canal stenosis?: I'm guessing he is referring to scarring of the external ear canal leading to stenosis, narrowing of the ear canal so severe he can barely or not at all see your ear drum. I would call his office and ask to talk to a nurse or the doctor to explain the problem to you. You should understand what is going on better before you undergo surgery.
Answered on Oct 24, 2017