U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
South Africa
A 23-year-old male asked:

I have upper abdomen (ulcer like) pain lately that isn't relieved my omeprazole or ranitidine. they used to work just fine for that kind of pain.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
Consider these...: Recurrent abdominal discomfort is first addressed by accompanying signs/symptoms that may localize the organ involved: bleeding, alteration in periods, pregnancy risk? Fever, nausea, vomiting, altered stool pattern, blood with stool, tenderness, distension? Painful urination, blood in urine? Recent trauma, herniations? Also consider dysmotility, gastropathy due to nsaid's, alcohol, h.Pylori.
Last updated Jun 29, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.