U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old member asked:

I had an allergic reaction to my hair dye and now my scalp if puffing up?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lee Perry
Allergy and Immunology 19 years experience
Patch test!: I would recommend seeing your allergist or dermatologist for patch testing. There are specific ingredients in some hair dyes that are notorious for causing such reactions.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 12, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.