U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old member asked:

I have brain injury after motorcycle accident, what to do?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kent
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine 13 years experience
So much and: How much depends on how severe the injury is. Some basic recommendations include seeing a good neuropsychologist, avoiding sedating medications and possibly including stimulating medications like amantadine, regimented schedule, use assistive technology, and continue therapies as much as possible. See a physiatrist or tbi specialist for long term treatment plan. I hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Joseph Pfeifer
Trauma Surgery 41 years experience
Rehab: 1) Don't ride 2) Don't ride without a helmet 3) See a neurologist or brain injury specialist-look up in your state's Brain Injury Association for contact and resources

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 12, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.