U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

Suddenly, i have very sensitive gums, what should i do?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John DeWolf
41 years experience
Home care: Brush and floss (or use other interdental cleaning aids) thoroughly but gently immediately and schedule a dental exam asap.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Gingivitis, See DDS: If you noticed a very sensitive gums, it may be a sign that you are at risk for or already have gum disease. Gingivitis is a serious problem, which should be diagnosed professionally by a dentist.

Related questions

A 31-year-old member asked:
How can I get help for my sensitive gums?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
What are warning signs of having sensitive gums?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
In healthy people are sensitive gums caused by aging?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
Needing expert help. I have sensitive gums, what can I do?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.