U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

Deviated septum (septoplasty), what to do?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alexander Gorup
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Septoplasty: If you are noticing nasal blockage, you could consider a surgical procedure called septoplasty. This could relieve the obstruction from the deviated septum.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 25 years experience
Deviated septum: A deviated septum can be corrected surgically to bring the septum to the midline. If there are symptoms like nasal obstruction, snoring or recurrent sinusitis, have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 35-year-old member asked:

What is deviated septum? What is septum?

8 doctor answers15 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ram Kalus
Plastic Surgery 40 years experience
The nostril divider: The septum is a dividing structure between the two airway passages of your nose. It consists of bone and cartilage on the inner layer, and mucosa (pink, shiny, moist) as the outer layer. If it is deviated (which it is in most people), it can cause relative narrowing or even blockage of one of the airway passages. This can be corrected with surgery. A board certified ENT or plastic surgeon can help.
Last updated Nov 3, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.