I have back of shoulder pain extending to neck, what to do?

Dr. Martin Morell
Rheumatology 30 years experience
Neck: Herniated cervical (neck) disc could irritate nerve to shoulder. If pain happens with shoulder movement then could be ligament issue.

Antigua and Barbuda

Can candidiasis be the cause of my neck, back and shoulder pain?

Dr. John Munshower
Probably not: Superficial infections of skin and mucosal membranes by Candida causing local inflammation and discomfort are common. The pain and discomfort would be more related to the skin area, and would be distinguishable from true muscle and joint pain of the "neck, back and shoulder" I assume that you are referring to. If you ant to know the true cause of your issues, see the Dr for an evaluation.

I have back & shoulder pain , what would I have to do?

Dr. Martin Tamler
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 34 years experience
Pain: There are so many different causes for this. Your best bet is to see a pm&r specialist who should be able to sort it out and get you appropriate treatment.

What are some exercises for chronic upper back/neck/shoulder pain?

Dr. Robert Kent
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine 13 years experience
For home exercises,: I would recommend seeing a physician first to make sure there are no disc problems or other issues. If it is just sore muscles, i would recommend stretching exercises. See: http://www.Spine-health.Com/conditions/neck-pain/neck-exercises-neck-pain strengthen neck muscles as well as work on posture and desk set up for ergonomic corrections. Hope that helps!

What can I get for back and shoulder pain?

Dr. Abdallah Kabbara
24 years experience
PT : In my opinion physical therapy should be always integrated as one of the first steps of treatment .Need a clear diagnosis o make a clear plan
Last updated Feb 10, 2014