A 42-year-old member asked:

Could you really know if its a bruised rib, a sore muscle, or a fractured rib?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurpreet Sandhoo
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Imaging studies need: See your doctor for physical exam and x ray. Only x ray or CT exam can confirm if you have a fracture.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Jun 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.