FL

does scleroderma present as a small round redness on skin right above the ankle and nothing else?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rarely: There are localized forms of scleroderma although these are rare. A dermatologist should be able to tell you for certain.
Dr. Randy Bernstein
Podiatry 37 years experience
Dermatitis: Scleroderma is not a skin disease. It is an auto-immune disease which causes inflammation and scar tissue formation in the connective tissue which is just under the skin. There are many presentations, but it often initially presents with tightness around joints of the hands or feet. See your doctor for diagnosis.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Not accurate. There is both morphea and localized scleroderma. Either of these forms can present with very localized skin involvement and no systemic effects.
Jan 11, 2014