Dallas, TX

My hcg went from 2292 at 20 dpo to 3186 at 22dpo, which is not the increase i was hoping for. is this a bad sign? my progesterone is also 14.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Probably: The HCG should double every two days. Your increase was less than 50% which indicates a high probability of a non-viable pregnancy. The Progesterone is lower than would be expected for a viable pregnancy as well. However, nothing is 100%, so it would be appropriate to recheck the HCG in a few days. An ultrasound would also be appropriate, primarily to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Good luck.

Last updated Oct 21, 2016