Philippines

If your creatinine level becomes 1.7 because of high uric acid and gout and also because of dehydration. what should you do?

Pathology 45 years experience
Don't Rx a lab value: When i was lifting weights every day, my creatinine stayed at 1.7, which reflects muscle mass if your kidneys are intact. Gout shuts down kidneys only late, and dehydration raises BUN more than it does creatinine. Next time you get blood drawn, be sure you've had a few glasses of water beforehand. I'm not sure how appropriate "ketobest" is for you, or whether Colchicine monorx is right for ur gout.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 53 years experience
See details: I agree that kidney impairment with gout occurs after many years of uncontrolled disease. However, if you have gout you need to be on Allopurinol and just not colchicine. You must lower your serum uric acid under 6 mg/dl to prevent kidney stones, loss of kidney function, joint damage and other issues related to gout.
Last updated Nov 25, 2016