Graceville, FL
A 19-year-old male asked about a 53-year-old female:

i will be a uncle soon.. i have been asked to attend the birth of my sister-in-law's baby. i have severe anxiety over this. what do i do?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Being considerate: Sounds like an intimate family event which ought to also mean that members can talk freely about how they're feeling. Something is a bit "off" if this is not true - you might know this. If there's authentic closeness, you'll be able to express yourself and find a comfortable distance that may allow others to hang back too. As with cold germs, you don't want to spread anxiety - you're considerate.