Fort Lauderdale, FL

I didn't inform my doctor that i think the lisinopril was causing dizziness/faint. now its worse that i stopped. i now have symptoms of social anxiety?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Lisinopril: I assume you have high blood pressure. Stopping Lisinopril without consulting your doctor may not have been the best thing you did, as probably your blood pressure is high now and it is making you feel dizzy. It will not affect your ability to socialize. Please check your blood pressure asap and get it fixed.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
Possible: Lisinopril has as one of its actions the lowering if norepinephrine levels. If they rebound, it could make you feel socially anxious, kind of like what happens when someone with social anxiety is given too high of a dose of the noradrenergic antidepression medication like Norpramin or pamelor (nortriptyline). When that happens, the patient becomes panicky and the social anxiety worsens temporarily until a new equilibrium is established with the medication.Best wishes.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017