PA

headache top right side back of head x4 days, constant, throbbing. right eye bloodshot. no fever. advil (ibuprofen) not helping. should i go to er or just wait?

Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Go to ER: Could be many severe things such as tumor, infection, aneurysm, cavernous sinus infection, intra-cranial bleed. You need seen now, and stop the advil (ibuprofen) it thins your blood and may make it worse or cause problems if you need surgery.
Dr. Nathaniel Schuster
Specializes in Pain Management
Hemicrania continua: If you've been examined and had imaging and everything is normal, one possibility is hemicrania continua, an interesting headache disorder with headache and red eye on one side of the head. It is very responsive to a medicine called indomethacin. Migraine of course is also a possibility. Hope this helps, I'd love to hear what happens next!