in my pregnant with my daughter my breasts didn't really change & could only fed for a few wks. pregnant again & worried it will be th same. how can i change this during pregnancy so i can feed longer?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Otto Placik
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Lactation consultant: There may be a variety of reasons for the difficulty. You should discuss this with a lactation consultant. It is not clear why you could not continue for longer. Lack of production? Pumping may help.
Answered on Dec 21, 2013
1
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Use it or lose it: Breast milk production is a function of hormone stimulation and demand from a feeding infant. So, it may still happen again, but is less likely if they are in constant use.
Answered on Dec 21, 2013