U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

What to do if i have severe itching skin discoloration and very bumpy rough skin with very tight feeling, is it scabies?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 42 years experience
Not scabies: Although I am not sure what you have it certainly does not sound like scabies. It sounds like you should see a dermatologist.
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Itching can be caused by: liver disease, kidney disease, thyroid disease, anemia, internal malignancy, medications, infections. See your doctor for a thorough work up.
Dec 22, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 31, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.