U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

Astigmatism correction in one eye. should i have slight magnification in other to balance it?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kurt Andreason
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery 24 years experience
Astigmatism: Astigmatism simply means that with respect to the optics of the eye, instead of being completely spherical, in one axis or the other the opics are more football shaped, bending the light more in that axis. Glasses or some toric contact lenses can help correct vision that has astigmatism. Lasik or surface ablation/prk can surgically correct astigmatism. I'm not sure why you're asking about magfcn.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 30-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated May 8, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.