U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

Is it recommended to get lens correction for astigmatism in one eye?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Daniel Gradin
Ophthalmology 36 years experience
Maybe: It depends on the amount of astigmatism, the age of the patient and the visual needs. See your ophthalmologist for the most appropriate advice.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 11, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.