How old do you have to be to get crooked teeth pulled for dentures?

11 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. David Mann answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Pull teeth: I am not a dentist, but it is best to make all efforts to keep all your teeth. If teeth are removed, your jaws get smaller. This makes a young person look like an older person.

Answered 3/27/2014

5.9k views

Dr. Aaron Cook answered

Specializes in Dentistry

No particular age: I have seen patients who need dentures in their 20's, so i'd say if you feel you need dentures, see your dentist to discuss your options. You probably see people every day who are wearing dentures or partial dentures and you just can't tell.

Answered 11/30/2014

5.7k views

Dr. Shawn Murray answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Crooked teeth: Why would you pull teeth for dentures if they are crooked? It's better to keep your teeth as long as you can. Dentures are like a wooden leg. They will work but will never be the same or as comfortable. Visit with a dentist and orthodontist before you decide to pull teeth.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.6k views

Dr. Alex Shvartsman answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Any age: It is not age dependent. However you may consider other less invasive treatment options.

Answered 12/10/2012

5.4k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Don't: Try as hard as thou can to keep your own teeth. Dentures are a poor option. Crooked teeth can be straightened, or reshaped to look straighter. Please talk to your Dentist about options.

Answered 7/23/2014

3.9k views