Can you tell me how i can tell my parents that i think i have autism?

Pathology 46 years experience
Why do you ask?: If you're here at healthtap, chances are you recognize features of high-functioning autism in yourself. Good for you. Many consider it a gift. You can focus on academic pursuits, and reading people's feelings and learning to talk with them can be learned. Say only nice things, find a strength or endurance sport that requires little coordination, enjoy being you, and what's there to talk about?
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Diane Stein
Pediatric Neurology 31 years experience
Oppurtunity to help: I generally ask some of the screening questions. When they agree to these I let them know that I think we have found an opportunity to help. I point out first that starting help soon we give the child a better chance of learning to be social and to do great in relationships and/or school... I refer them and suggest school help. If disbelief I show criteria met by their admission.
Last updated Oct 22, 2016