U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

I have a sebaceous cyst in my pubic area i think and it hurts really bad, is it a way to remove it at home or treat it?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lawrence Colen
Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
Probably not: You could try some warm compresses but true sebaceous cysts require surgical excision. They are usually not painful unless they are becoming infected. You may need to see a physician.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 41-year-old member asked:
Does anyone know of a safe way to remove a sebaceous cyst at home?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
How can I treat sebaceous cyst at home?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
Can getting a sebaceous cyst removed hurt?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 2, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.