I don't know if it's due to anxiety but my omron bp device read yesterday 130/109 should i gone to er? this morning i woke up it was 125/88 and about 30 min later sitting up on bed it was 104/76.

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Check your machine: No you should not have gone to the er. The er is for life threatening problems of life or limb. If your BP was that high (it sounds like machine error), and you felt ok, you easily could have visited an office later to check your bp. Take your machine to an office and check your BP with their machine and yours.
Dr. Joel Gallant
Infectious Disease 37 years experience
No: Blood pressures in this range are not emergencies. You should just mention this the next the you have an appointment with your doctor.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014