U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

My newborn baby doesn't want my milk. i'm so depressed. i want to breast feed him. also, i have an inverted nipple and my milk doesn't flow quickly.

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Creighton Wright
surgery 58 years experience
Not uncommon: Talk with gyn and see lactation specialist- they have multiple aids for you and you are right to want to breast feed, nurture your baby and reduce your breast risks as well.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 28 years experience
Try breast pump!
Dec 6, 2013
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 27 years experience
A/W Dr Zacharias: & Dr Wright. A breast feeding consultant (This used to be one of my husband's jobs) can be super helpful. Breast feeding can be very challenging for women with inverted nipples it nipples don't become fully erect with nipple stimulation. Please don't beat yourself up or get depressed. This doesn't mean you are any less of a good mother.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.