Mount Sinai, NY

I tested positive for rocky mountain fever, the titer was high. i've been having joint pain, flu like symptoms, should i be treated if it's from past?

Dr. Robert Lowe
Pediatric Rheumatology 18 years experience
Often misdiagnosed: You should see your doctor and discuss this. Just because you have made antibodies against rmsf bacteria in the past, it doesn't mean you are currently infected with it--particularly if it was correctly diagnosed and treated in the past. Flu-like symptoms and joint pain are very common with many types of common viral infections. My guess is that it is most likely not rmsf, but see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Milton Mintz
68 years experience
Ck with PCP: Did u have it before- don't wait for further symptoms see pcp soon!
Last updated Dec 10, 2015