I've had total 7 ultrasounds with my pregnancy beacuse of bleeding i had is it true its bad for the baby iam having another coming up to see gender?

Dr. Pamela Paulhus
28 years experience
Safe when done right: My understanding of ultrasounds is that when they're done properly, they are safe. Ultrasounds are not like x-rays in which radiation is used. If an ultrasound probe is left in one spot for a very extended period of time, it could potentially raise the temp of the scanned tissue, but it is unclear if that has any ill effect. Recommend you pose this good ? To the radiologist before the next u/s.
Last updated Dec 14, 2013