U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

A while back like 1 year ago, i noticed my gum nearest to my tooth was changing color. what do i do?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry 10 years experience
Need a dental eval.: You need to be examined by a dentist to evaluate the condition of your gums and treat the reasons for the color change.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Inflammation?: If it is redder in color (plus swollen, bleeding?) it is most like gingivitis or gum inflammation. We can't diagnose it over the internet, so see a dentist for a definitive diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 10, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.