Lebanon

Why anafranil (clomipramine) causes memory problems and i can stop taking it because its the only medicine that worked for my ocd.

Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
Check a blood level: Make sure that you get an Anafranil (clomipramine) blood level checked. If the blood level is too high it can certainly cause memory problems. By no means should you stop it. It is very difficult to find a medication that is effective in ocd. Work with your psychiatrist on this issue. If your psychiatrist thinks that the memory difficulties are being caused by anticholinergic effects of the Anafranil (clomipramine) then he or she may be willing to give you a trial on a medication to reverse that. Best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.