Philippines

I have gout and 1.7 creatinine level. my ultrasound shows normal. what does it mean?

Pathology 45 years experience
Big picture: If you're fairly muscular, a 1.7 creatinine is probably normal for you; when i was lifting weights every day, my creatinine level was 1.7. I trust that your diagnosis of gout is correct and that you are taking maintenace medication for it. If so, uric acid nephropathy is unlikely. Unless your physician is grearly concerned or your urinalysis / concentrating ability is abnormal, i bet you're okay.
Dr. Lee Wittenberg
Podiatry 22 years experience
About Gout: Gout is a very common and often very painful medical problem caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood stream. Uric acid is a breakdown product of purine metabolism. The amount of purines in the blood is determined by the amount produced by the body through breakdown of certain foods by liver enzymes, and the amount excreted by the kidneys. Examples of foods high in purines are shellfish, .
Dr. Douglas Mund
Rheumatology 47 years experience
Need more info: It's not clear what you are referring to ultrasound of what . Your main problem is the creatinine of 1.7 indicating some form of kidney disease .This could cause the uric acid level to rise. Need to find out why kidney function is abnormal.

Last updated Apr 21, 2016