U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old member asked:

How can i cure acne on my back?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
See Dermatologist: Best to be seen by a well experienced board-certified dermatologist; nothing replaces in person history and physical when it comes to good medical care/recommendations. Best wishes.

Similar questions

A 18-year-old male asked:

I m 18, I've acne on my back.. How can i cure them?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Cures: For the age thing. You won't be 18 for more than a year. After a while, if you wait, you will find that you are 19. Problem solved! About the acne. There are many successful treatments and they are well detailed on the 'net. Your doc can help you with that.
A 43-year-old female asked:

Acne on the back?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Prescription: Acne on the back almost always requires prescription meds. If you're not a woman for whom the oral contraceptive pill is appropriate, then consider starting with topical Clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide or a retinoic acid derivative, adding a systemic antibiotic that's appropriate if this doesn't get the results you want. Dermatologists have the big guns. Good luck.
Last updated Dec 20, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.