what is the incidence of ear infections in preschoolers?

Dr. Michael Amster
Specializes in Pediatrics
30 ? : There are some children who will never have an ear infection. Some will have a whole bunch. The exact incidence is not important. By age 2, you'll know what the story is. Being around smokers, being in daycare, having allergies, will all predispose to ear infections. The more exposure to irritants and viruses, the more likely. Good nutrition, treating allergies, avoiding smoke exposure, helps.
Dr. Sunil Ummat
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 35 years experience
High: It is estimated that 70-80% of children in preschool age will have one ear infection. Preschoolers in a daycare or an actual preschool program where they are exposed to a lot of other children tend to have more ear infections and the infections tend to be with more resistant bacteria.