what are some good and easy ways to lose 25 pounds in 3 mo?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Impossible: That goal is not realistic. Good ways to loss weight involve losing no more than 1#/week. No weight loss is easy. You will loss weight by burning more calories than you consume. The best way is to exercise more and eat healthful foods. Any other way is a trick and a fad. Weight loss tricks and fads, at best, can result in short-term results but can cause negative health effects. Think long term.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher commented
Agree.... There is no easy and good way to lose weight like that. If it were that simple we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic.
Jun 26, 2012
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder answered
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
By losing 2lb per wk: A combination of low-calorie diet and exercise can result in such a weight loss. This is best accomplished under supervision of an experienced provider.
Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Good point. My comments assume that the patient is losing weight at home, on their own. Under the direction of a medical provider, the discussion is different.
Jun 25, 2012
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder commented
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Provided original answer
Thanks, Dr. Purchase.
Jun 25, 2012
Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
I'll be sending you an email soon.
Jun 26, 2012
Dr. Maritza Baez
Diet & exercise: Make sure you exercise at least 90 minutes a day, don't skip meals, avoid soda, juice, dairy, alcohol and fried foods. Eat a healthy well balanced diet! also water, organic vegetable broth, green leafy vegetables, natural pickles, apples are great to fill you up so you dont feel hungry and they are very low in calories.