Is my high fat primal diet a good idea? I am off my statins, ratios and tris have improved. Tc still high, but CT heart scan shows calcium score 0.

Dr. Steven Tucker
26 years experience in Internal Medicine
Probably: The devil is in the details. Both the details of your numbers and the details of your food choice. For example, if you are eating red meat, it is best to have grass-fed beef. So tough to answer in 400 words. That said, i would be very pleased with a calcium score of 0. Even with bad lipids a 0 score suggests very low risk for cardiac events.
Answered on Mar 16, 2015