U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

Constipated, pubic pain, prior bowel movement?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. William Bisordi
50 years experience
Exclude obstruction: You must be examined to exclude obstruction or stricture or other serious problem. Once this is done you must try to normalize your bowel movements, first starting with a stool softener along with fiber and roughage and adequate fluids. If not successful may progress to stimulants or osmotic agents.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 13, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.