Ireland

Can plaqunil affect my kidneys after taking them for years ... what are the side affects because my hair is falling out?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 53 years experience
See details: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) will not effect the kidneys. As for hair loss, that it possible but hair loss secondary to lupus is much more common.
Dr. Gary Wang
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 41 years experience
SLE and Plagunil: Need to know why you need plaqunil for prolonged use, yes, plaqunil might hurt your vision nerve and possible kidney. If vision nerve damage happen, you have to stop use it. You need weight benefit and side effects and decide if continue this kind medications with the help of your doctor. Hair lost and kidney lost might highly related to your sle also. I suggest you follow your doctors advise.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014